With the change of season to Fall, temperature drops bring dry skin, adjustment from the sun, sweat, and sunscreen of summer, and a transition period before winter. While it may feel like you are constantly applying lotion and trying to make up for poor treatment in the summer months, it may feel like there are no options for your skin at this point. There are, however, many ways to take care of your skin during the fall and include products like cleansers, toners, lotions, and the right makeup. You can also do chemical peels which come in a variety of types for different goals and outcomes. In this post, we will outline the different skincare treatment options for Fall, the best products to use, and what skincare regimen is best for your age group.
The most important skincare product for this fall is wearing a daily moisturizer and washing your face with a foaming cleanser or a hydrating wash. If you have dry skin, stay away from harsh scrubs and toners. For those with acne, many acne products are drying (think Benzoyl peroxide) and can irritate the skin during the fall and winter. If you have acne, read about the VI chemical peel options below. Finally, don’t forget about sunscreen when the weather gets cooler! Wear sunscreen daily or a moisturizer with SPF.
Here are some products to try this fall to help with dry skin or prevent skincare problems:
- For combination skin – VI Peel Complete Care Oily Skin
- For sensitive skin – VI Derm Vitamin C Gel
- For skin prone to breakouts – VI Derm Complete Care for Acne Prone Skin
- For all skin types – VI Derm Intense Hydration Serum
- Sunscreen for all skin types – VI Derm SPF 50 Sunscreen
When you have dry skin, it can be hard to find a makeup that doesn’t dry you out more, show flaky skin, and give you enough coverage. You should plan a skincare regimen that includes a cleansing wash, then moisturizer, include an optional primer, and finish with foundation.
- Best moisturizing primer – Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer
- Foundation for all skin types – Mac Next To Nothing Face Colour
- Foundation for dry skin – Make Up For Ever Water Blend Foundation
- Foundation for combination skin – Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Liquid Foundation
- Foundation for skin prone to breakouts – Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer Hydrating Gel Cream
- Full coverage foundation – Kat Von D Lock It Liquid Foundation
If you have never heard of them, you may not know what to expect from a chemical peel. Face Logic’s preferred brand of chemical peel, VI Peels from VI Aesthetics, come in a range of treatment options. The VI Peels vary from anti-aging peels, treating hyperpigmentation, sun spots, damaged skin, acne, and acne scarring.
The VI Chemical Peel works by a certified practitioner thoroughly cleansing the skin, applying the peel, and you leave the peel on for four hours. The peel then peels or flakes off of the skin, revealing beautiful, refreshed skin.
- VI Peel
- VI Peel with Precision
- VI Peel with Precision Plus
- VI Peel Purify
- VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus
According to a VI Aesthetics research study, 93% of recipients saw an improvement in smoothness and texture of skin, 94% had little to no discomfort in the chemical peel process, and 99% would recommend a VI chemical peel to friends and family.
Read more about our VI Chemical Peel offerings here.
While things like chemical peels, changing your skincare regimen, or trying out new products for the first time may seem intimidating, the first step is getting information. Feel free to contact us and talk with our registered nurse about which treatment option is best for you. Healthy, rejuvenated skin is essential before harsh winter weather. If your current treatment or regimen isn’t working, try something new!